I’m an independent typographic designer and consultant. I work with clients from a variety of sectors.
My design approach requires understanding people, processes and systems to help illuminate a problem and lead to successful solutions.
I specialise in document design and information design (including wayfinding design & consultancy). I try to create documents, maps, signs, forms etc. that are as simple, inclusive and useful as possible.
Working with you
Please complete my query form for a quote or to discuss how I can help with your design needs.
- Typography and graphic design, layout, typesetting and artwork
- Clear language writing, editing and proofreading
- Image research and editing
- Website critique, design and administration (using a CMS/content management system)
- Wayfinding design (maps and signs) and consultancy (audits, reports and advice)
- Project management.
Software and tools
- Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat and FrameMaker
- MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Oxygen XML editor
- CSS, HTML, XML
After my undergraduate degree I worked for a design consultancy before becoming an independent designer.
My formal studies include:
- Typography & graphic communication (University of Reading)
- Publishing (Oxford Brookes), and
- Applied digital technology in the humanities (University College London).
Interests, societies and groups
My interests range from books, art, typography and photography, to intellectual property rights and accessible design.
I’m also a member of:
- Association Typographique Internationale (ATypI)
- the Information Design Association (which has helpful definitions of information design)
- the International Society for Typographic Designers (ISTD)
- TypeThursday London (July–December 2017, Founding Communications Lead)
- the Sign Design Society (I’m also on the Society’s Steering Group).
Working with you
I can work with you to create clearer, simpler information and to plan your design projects – whether digital, print or physical.
Ask a question or request a quote
For more about me – or how I can help with your design needs – please get in touch.