I’m an independent typographic designer and communications consultant. I work with clients from a variety of sectors.
My approach requires understanding people, processes and systems to help illuminate a problem and lead to successful solutions.
I specialise in document design and information design (including wayfinding design & consultancy). I try to create documents, maps, signs, forms etc. that are simple, inclusive and useable.
Working with you
I can work with you to create clearer, simpler information and to plan your design projects – whether digital, print or physical.
I also do communications and marketing design and consultancy.
- Typography and graphic design, layout, typesetting and artwork
- Communications and marketing: correspondence, design, strategy and consultancy (including managing email and social media accounts; data analysis and reports)
- Clear language writing, editing and proofreading
- Image research and editing
- Website critique, design and administration (using a CMS/content management system)
- Wayfinding design (maps and signs) and consultancy (audits, reports and advice)
- Project management.
After my undergraduate degree, I worked for a design consultancy before becoming an independent designer.
I was also a marketing and communications officer at a London Council.
My formal studies include:
- Typography & graphic communication (University of Reading)
- Publishing (Oxford Brookes), and
- Applied digital technology in the humanities (University College London).
Some of my work
From templates to maps to email newsletters and social media, I have a wide-ranging portfolio: explore some of my work.
Software, tools and technology
- Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat
- Microsoft Office: MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Orlo social media management system
- Social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Nextdoor
- Google Ads for marketing
- Google Analytics (SEO analysis)
- Moodle virtual learning environment (content and front-end modification)
- Newsletter systems: MailChimp and Granicus
- Oxygen XML Editor
- Websites and digital: WordPress, CSS, (X)HTML and XML
- Operating systems: Mac OS and Windows.
Interests, societies and groups
My interests are varied and range from books, art, typography and photography, to inclusive and accessible design.
I’m also a member of:
- Association Typographique Internationale (ATypI)
- the Information Design Association (which has helpful definitions of information design)
- the International Society for Typographic Designers (ISTD)
- TypeThursday London (July–December 2017, Founding Communications Lead)
- the Sign Design Society (Also Steering Group member and Communications Lead 2015–2019).
Ask a question or request a quote
For more about me – or how I can help with your design needs – please get in touch.